maximising scrapbooking 12x12 paper
plan carefully and waste not
Scrapbooking 12x12 paper especially the patterned paper are not cheap and so it is practical to maximise your usage so that you have less wastage. To do this, you need to plan carefully before you start cutting out your scrapbooking paper.
Ways to Maximise Usage of Your Scrapbooking 12x12 Paper
1. Study carefully the pattern on your scrapbooking paper. If it is a double-sided patterned paper, study both sides and see how you can maximise its usage. Place your photo over the paper and see where's the best placement for it so that the photograph can be framed pleasingly by the scrapbook paper design. Then turn the paper over and see whether you will be cutting out anything you might need in the reverse side of the paper.
2. Paper that's not visible; for example the part of the patterned paper that will be sandwiched between the background paper and the photo can be cut out to be used on another project, to embellish corners or for punching out any shapes.
3. Make doubly sure before using any permanent glue to attach your photo to the paper or any paper to your scrapbooking background paper. Use tacky glue or the non-permanent tape runner instead. Use the permanent glue tape only when you have decided on your scrapbook layout.
4. You can also cut out strips from the four borders to be used on another scrapbook page or on a handmade greeting card.
5. Cut a full sheet into quarters for 6" x 6" albums.
Other Uses For Your Scrapbooking 12x12 Paper
- Because of its size, you can make an envelope out of it. I especially love using it to make square envelope card.
- Make boxes and gift bags.
- You can carefully cut and make 12 pieces 2" by 6" bookmarks from a sheet of 12x12 scrapbooking paper.
- Use for creating collage arts.
- Use on your altered books, tags or other altered art pieces.
- For making paper flowers and other scrapbooking embellishments.
- Paper jewelries can also be made from these beautifully designed scrapbook paper.
- Framed and used as wall decor.
Some Popular Manufacturers or Brands of Scrapbooking 12x12 Papers
Bazzill Basics Paper
DCWV by Provo
Pop Culture by KI Memories
We R Memory Keepers
Around the Block
Teresa Collins Designs
My Mind's Eye
Upsy Daisy Designs
Fancy Pants Designs
Daisy D's Paper Company
Amercian Traditional Designs
Daisy Bucket Designs